Tuesday 30 July 2013

Walk the Journey of your Life

Today in my Creating Theatre class, we had to do an exercise that involved no talking, no words, just movement.
Our lecturer gave us the phrase "Walk the Journey of your life" and i immediately went. What. The. Heck. does she mean by that.
She explained it further and went on to say it doesn't have to be a literal walk of your life, it can be, but it doesn't have to be.

She gave us time to sit on our own and start creating a short movement sequence.
Something soon came to me, and I thought about how through out life I was always reasonably happy.
But then of course one thing is able to make you stumble, one thing will put you off balance and your walk becomes staggered.
As children we have to learn how to walk, we fall down and we get back up. But I realized something in that theatre class watching everyone else's responses. That life will always be like that.
We WILL stumble, we WILL get knocked down, we WILL get thrown of balance. But something or someone will always help us back onto our feet.
That is the beauty of life.

I portrayed my walk as me being almost at the point of being defeated by something, but then picking myself up, getting back on my feet and saying NO. I will not let you conquer me.
That is the beauty of our walk through life.
We can keep going, we SHOULD keep going, no matter how hard it gets.

Mik... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment