Thursday 8 August 2013

Big Decisions.

I have got some very big choices to make.
And I have to make them within the next 2 weeks or so. I don't know why I'm so unsure about all of this.
I think it might have something to do with the fact that there are so many possibilities for what I actually want to do.

When I was thinking about coming to University when I was in my last  year of high school.
I knew pretty much exactly what I wanted to do. Which was teaching early childhood. When that got "struck down" so to speak, I took it as a sign that I wasn't ready to do teaching and had some growing up to do. Or that maybe I shouldn't do teaching at all.
That was a pretty big decision for me. Changing my whole idea of what I wanted to do with my life, putting my dream of being a teacher on hold. But i think because of that, because I stopped, did my BA, I've come to learn a lot more, and think a lot more about why I actually want to teach, and how I want to make a difference in other peoples lives.

The big decision for me now, it choosing between doing my Graduate Diploma in either Early Childhood, Primary or High School teaching.
I've talked to a lot of people, gotten some good advice and feedback and what not. But I still am so lost at choosing which area I should go.
There are good and bad points for all the areas, but I think whats putting me off the most is the fact that I'm terrified I will pick the wrong one.
That's why I'm trying to think about everything so carefully, so intrinsically about where I want to go.
My main goal in life is to help children and youth who have sturrgled or who are struggling with the help of theatre.
If there is any way I can do this, I will be willing to try. But for now, I have got some seriously big decisions to make.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment